SO: we’re back in Tennessee, where we have (largely) been for the last 14 years (nearly). But Dave and I are Brits, with parents in UK and a home there as well (our investment in Wales). Been thinking about the future. What to do. Should we take the plunge and spend as much time there as we can, or stick with the US way of life?
Reasons to Stay in TN!
1. We’re part of an amazing private gym set-up where we can train weights, acrobatics, wrestle etc with like-minded guys, gay and straight: the heady, sweaty atmosphere of guys building their bodies is magic: no dress code, do as you will… and amazing comradeship;
4. Our kids – my son Leo and Dave’s daughter Jaymee – were born here, their mums live here (lesbian couple) and they go to school here. And, of course, we want to see as much of them as we possibly can, especially as they love our sports too and are becoming extremely good acrobats! And, like this next little guy, they train bl**dy hard and we want to be part of that!
5. Although we are not US citizens, we have earned ‘right to work’ visas indefinitely;
6. The weather here (generally) is warmer and drier than in Wales!
7. It is much cheaper to run a car here than in UK.
8. Looks like we can keep our house share with Pete (Dave’s brother) and his partner Ivo, along with the lesbian mums who are buying the bulk of the house off Dave’s dad (fingers crossed the deal on their house goes through)… and so we get to keep our very own training cabin at the top of the yard!!!!! Where, like this next guy, we can train the way we like (but we don’t have to support Pink Floyd):
(to be fair, we can also train that way in the other gym, most times)
9… oh, running out of reasons to stay… coming in the next post, a few reasons to GO!!
But let’s have a few more fitness-inspiration pix for today:
…checking out your progress against your mate’s in the locker room is always fun!
Just hanging out in the sun is pretty kewl, too:
…and TN has plenty outdoor pools for that, although we usually prefer the river, where stupid acrobatic games don’t attract so much attention!):
OK: coming in the next post: Reasons to Return in UK !
But, the most important thing of all: wherever we decide to be, “I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm”…